coventrytakeawayslogo

The best products at the best prices!

Coventry takeaways and delivery.

Allesley

Allesley grew around the 800-year-old All Saints Church, the spire of which is prominent on the skyline of the village. Originally built around 1130, it was rebuilt in 1863 and remains relatively unaltered since then. The noted writer on husbandry, Walter Blith, was baptised there on 7 August 1605.

 

The Birmingham Road which runs through the village, is part of the main road built between 1828 and 1831 by Thomas Telford from Holyhead to London. A toll house originally stood at the junction of the Holyhead Road and Allesley Old Road, and users of the Holyhead or Turnpike Road were charged a toll as a means of contributing towards the cost of building the road. Around 1930, the charges were discontinued and the toll house was demolished in the mid 1930s...